À chaque Question...

Manceau !

Messagepar caty » Mar 28 Juin 2005 12:52

it's you the UNPLEASANT ONE :evil:

tu t'es regardé ? :laugh:
caty

Messagepar Taranis » Mar 28 Juin 2005 20:07

Ok :)

After a small research ( very small indeed ) , I 'm able to propose not one solution, but several :).
Actually, just like many problems in life, this one can be resolved only by the meaning of more than one solution !

To avoid those vilains to eat oranges seeds, without killing them ( which would be the easiest but ...well ) it seems reasonable to do 2 things :

-1 protect the trees, using a nap, or using cd's attached to branches as to frighten the birds and persuade them to go elsewhere ( the nap seems to be the best ).

-2 offer the birds what they wants, but somewhere else, away from the trees...The more they would come to eat there , the more you put the plate away :) hehehe ( you can take them to the sea if you want ).

Let's consider that " Feeding is often done on the ground " , so no prob putting food on the ground, "Their food in the wild is dominantly seed, nuts and fruit", this would not ruin someone to buy some of these eatable things as to feed for cheap those vilains ( maybe a farmer not far away would be happy to give some of his fruit, things can happen ;) ).

"A variety of seeds such as wheat, hulled oats, canary, and some grey striped sunflower, should be provided as well as a wide range of fresh vegetables and fruit. Animal protein is also beneficial, given by way of chicken or chop bones, mealworms or other grubs." They can also be used as a trash can as you just see :D.

-3 For sure, feeding hundreds of those vilains ( if they don't go somewhere else quickly ) can become a true nightmare :).
Considering that "Cockatoo can make an excellent pet, with even wild caught young birds capable of becoming affectionate and friendly birds. They do have a tendency to bond to only one person, often becoming aggressive to others" one can try to raise one of them in purpose !
There will be then only ONE to feed nicely ( even with some oranges ) and , if you are a good vibe person, and have time for sure, you will soon able to teach him to frighten others ( that come to eat HIS food ) as he will be completely under YOUR control and will literally HATE any other individual. Well don't know still if that works with his own congeneric species.

Well, I hope I made myself understood clearly : moral is, if you don' t want to fight then work a lot !! :D

PS: Babel is now for french people too :) hahaha. Babel fish is a small fish you put in your ear that translate instantly and virtualy any languages from the whole universe ( Douglas Adams , the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy ).

That's all folks !

Small Source Code for understanding coockatos way of life :
http://www.birdsnways.com/mowen/sc2.htm
Taranis
Voyageur du mois
Voyageur du mois

Messagepar Samo » Mar 28 Juin 2005 21:19

Ben, leur donner des graines goût fraise, j'avais proposé aussi :P .

Sinon, ça a été essayé en d'autres lieux, avoir un faucon, dressé. Il chasse les cacatoes.
Samo

Messagepar thyme » Ven 01 Juil 2005 23:21

hi caty Graypard, Manceau and All :)
caty in reply to are they pale because of to many vitamins, I think its perhaps the opposite reason. They are pale because they don't eat the fruit, they only eat the seeds! If only I could reason with them, they could let me eat the fruit first and I could save them the seeds so we all would be happy :)
thyme

Messagepar thyme » Sam 02 Juil 2005 2:41

Hi Samo and Taranis and all :)
thanks for your thoughtful suggestions but this issue of feeding the cockatoos food to keep them away from just a few orange seeds wont be a practical solution I think because Ep (my mother) like many of the farmers here feed the cows cow feed which is simply ground up seeds of many kinds so the cockatoos get plenty of helpings here. The orange seed are probably eaten just as a novelty delight. The fact farmers feed the cockatoos all this cow feed is perhaps also the reason why we have so many cockatoos.
here is a photo of them a few years ago to show just what sort of numbers they are in here:

and I think this year perhaps we have more of them than ever. The problem is also made worse this year because our neighbour last year poisoned all the wild oranges and lemons ( known locally as bush lemons) that grow along the creek (stream). The citrus trees were poisoned because they are not natives of Australia but I think poisoning some plant that's been growing in harmony with the natives for probably over a 100 years is a very sad (and very stupid thing may I say) to do. Its true they are not natives but were not taking over the place and many of the native animals love fruit trees like the wild peaches and citrus and to me I feel the fruit trees were putting something back man had taken away. This part of Australia was once full of tall eucalyptus forest trees but is now much cleared for grazing cows so there are far less trees and so far less food for the native animals. The peaches and citrus trees can provide a lot of food for the natives considering native eucalyptus trees are not the most edible plants on the planet and there are so few of them compared to the times when this place was a thick forest.
I really can't see how a few tiny citrus trees are going to be a threat to the native eucalyptus trees because the eucalypts are huge in comparison and grow much faster than citrus trees. I would like to know what these do gooder species-ists eat. I wish these species-ists who are so fanatical about getting rid of anything that is not a native would start with them selves :) sorry for getting carried away heheh but boy it makes me mad what they have done! more mad even than what the cockatoos have done :)
Dernière édition par thyme le Dim 23 Juil 2006 0:07, édité 3 fois au total.
thyme

Messagepar Arsène » Sam 02 Juil 2005 3:04

Do you plan to hunt the neighbour, thyme ? :)

Est-ce que tu envisages de faire la chasse au voisin, thyme ? :)
Arsène

Messagepar thyme » Sam 02 Juil 2005 3:40

Lol no Arsène, I am against violence :)
thyme

what Thyme is it ... ;-)

Messagepar caty » Sam 02 Juil 2005 5:53

Hi Thyme and thank for your answers :)

ils ne mangent que les pépins :shock: ils vont au devant de gros ennuis gastriques :lol:

si t'as besoin Gaypard 8) :wink:

http://chaines.free.fr/traduction/
caty

Messagepar kEv » Dim 17 Juil 2005 14:47

Donner une solution au problème des perroquets exposé dans la chronique du 25 juin 2005

Je propose d'embocher quelques être humains, pour pa trop cher, des jeunes, pour effrayer les peroquets quand ils vienent.

En plus ça permet la création d'emploi, ça ne pollu pas et c'est asser intéligent pour ne rien détruire.
kEv

Messagepar kEv » Sam 23 Juil 2005 15:34

:roll:
kEv

Messagepar Arsène » Sam 23 Juil 2005 15:39

C'est thyme qui répond à cette question :)
C'est lui qui a un problème avec les oiseaux qui mangent les pépins de ses oranges...
Arsène

Messagepar kEv » Sam 23 Juil 2005 15:44

lol ok :?
kEv

Messagepar kEv » Lun 01 Août 2005 10:07

Toujours pas de nouvelles de thyme ?
kEv

Messagepar thyme » Sam 03 Sep 2005 5:20

Hi kEv
Sorry for my long delay in writing back to your suggestion. First I was not sure if I understood what you were saying through the Babel translation correctly but thanks to Gabriel translating your posting to me I can now see the Babel translations was quite fair.
Second reason for my delay is composing a letter takes me a lot longer than most and its especially hard for me to change gear when I am as focused as I am right now developing a C++ editor/compiler for writing scripts in seamless which I hope will be ready in a matter of days ( I am always the eternal optimist in how long things will take :) ).
Ok your suggestion of why don't I employ young people to act as living scare crows? and the benefits being that no pollution would be caused. Not causing pollution sounds good to me but I think human lives are better spent than hanging around in all kinds of weather just to keep the birds away from the food crops. A computerised scare crow should not need to use much energy if it is utilising a desk top computer in the background that would be on anyway. I am a great fan of replacing human labour with machines and I have to say I am some what surprised not more has been done in this direction considering bread was made without a human hand touching the wheat in the 1930s. In the 1980s I remember watching one of those television programs about how great everything was going to be by the year 2000 and seeing this robot designed by a French man that could pick apples off a tree one at a time much like a human. I heard that the issue that decided which was better to use robots or people was which was the fastets at the job. If robots it was said could pick apples faster than humans then it would be more economical to the farmer however if the world was run to my ideals it would not matter if the robots picked my apples, harvested my wheat, ground my grain, made my bread, harvested my flax and wove my linen 10 times slower than humans, so long as I did not have to starve and was kept warm and no one in the world had to do any labour they did not want to do and all the energy was generated by utilising the sun, wind and rain I would be happy enough with this :)

best wishes
thyme

Messagepar Taranis » Lun 24 Oct 2005 20:29

Well, if the trees are not too far away from each others, and if you want to build something else than code, I suggest you build a glass house around them :).
Taranis
Voyageur du mois
Voyageur du mois

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Questions